Entering as a team of 2, 3 or 4 people the cost is £2,450 (plus £800 Iceland – Greenland flight**) per person.
|Deposit:||£450 plus £800 flight (both non-refundable) due by 31st October 2017|
|Payment 1:||£1000 due by 17th December 2016|
|Payment 2:||£1000 payment due by 17th January 2017|
** This is an early booking flight price valid only until 31 October 2017 due to limited seat availability on the subsidised schedule flight. After this date the flight price will rise to £1,250 for seats booked on a private aircraft charter being provided specifically for event participants.
If booking as an Individual, you must join a professionally guided group led by a guide from Tangent Expeditions. There will be an additional cost of £1,000 per participant towards the guide’s costs, adding 50% to each of the Payments 1 and 2.
The event is well managed and supported and there is no need for previous arctic, ski or snow camping experience. However, if booking as part of a group of 2, 3 or 4, and you wish to have a Tangent Tangent Expeditions guide with you, this option is available on the same cost basis as for individuals (£1,000 per person).
- Scheduled or chartered return flight from Akureyri to Constable Point, north east Greenland
- High calorie, light weight food packs for the duration of the event
- Pre-event briefing and training
- Snow Dragons snowmobile support, including check point marshalling and event camp set-up
- Medical support
- Selected equipment – for full details see our Equipment List section
- Map of area, indicating route and check points
- SPOT tracking service of all teams by Tangent staff (including equipment hire)
Cost does not include:
- Travel from your home country to Akureyri, Iceland.
- Accomodation and meals in Iceland.
- Travel Insurance (must include air search & rescue, medical cover and repatriation to home country)
- Personal equipment (additional to what we provide – see Equipment List)
- Optional post event tours / activities