Iceman Polar teams can consist of 2, 3 or 4 people. Individuals may enter as part of our professionally guided Tangent Expeditions team, at an additional cost.
Team members should have the following experience:
- At least ten days camping experience (snow camping not needed)
- Fit and capable of long mountain days
- Ability to keep going when the going gets tough!
The following skills will help in the Iceman Polar event, but are not required as full training will be given once in Greenland:
- Winter (snow-based) camping experience
- Use of a white gas fueled camping stove
- Ski touring or cross country ski experience
- Skills for roped glacier travel and crevasse rescue
- Map reading skills
The event is well managed and supported and there is no need for previous arctic, ski or snow camping experience. However, if groups wish to have a Tangent Expeditions guide with them this option is available on the same cost basis as for individuals (£1,000 per person).