Iceman Polar participants can apply as an individual and join a team, or enter with friends as a team of 2, 3 or 4 people. Participants may request a professional Tangent Expeditions guide, at an additional cost.
Participants should have the following experience:
- At least ten days camping experience (snow camping not needed)
- Fit and capable of long mountain days
- Ability to keep going when the going gets tough!
The following skills will help in the Iceman Polar event, but full training will be given once in Greenland:
- Winter (snow-based) camping experience
- Use of a white gas fueled camping stove
- Ski touring or cross country ski experience
- Skills for roped glacier travel and crevasse rescue
- Map reading skills
The event is well managed and supported and there is no need for previous arctic, ski or snow camping experience.