Iceman Polar participants can apply as an individual and join a team, or enter with friends as a team of 2, 3 or 4 people. Participants may request a professional Tangent Expeditions guide, at an additional cost.
Participants should have the following experience:
- At least ten days camping experience (snow camping not needed)
- Fit and capable of long mountain days
- Ability to keep going when the going gets tough!
The following skills will help in the Iceman Polar event, but full training will be given once in Greenland:
- Winter (snow-based) camping experience
- Use of a white gas fueled camping stove
- Ski touring or cross country ski experience
- Skills for roped glacier travel and crevasse rescue
- Map reading skills
The event is well managed and supported and there is no need for previous arctic, ski or snow camping experience.
We have a great set up for the event and teams will have a fabulous time with us. Iceman, however, is a highly bespoke event requiring a significant amount of pre-planning and investment in private aircraft and staff support and logistics. It is therefore not possible to cancel the event due to lack of numbers. It is a small event, with a limited number of participants, but that makes it all the more special and teams will get to learn a huge amount more from our staff and guides in that way. The minimum number of teams for the event to still take place is two. Teams can be any number of participants from 2 to 4, including a guide if required.